Known for its bright hue and amazing clarity, the yellow sapphire is a very popular gemstone. This precious gem is said to have a good effect on your body’s immunity and helps in increasing concentration. The bright color looks fantastic as an accessory and complements any attire. This is why they are worn by men and women across the world.
The yellow sapphire can be worn as a ring, bracelet, pendant or any other accessory
to reap the widely believed benefits of the stone. Although these come very costly compared to some other gemstones, they are very strong and durable and can withstand various cleaning techniques. Despite their natural strength, these stones end up getting dirty due dirt, sweat, and other dust particles. To avoid this, it is important to take care of pukhraj stone and clean it regularly. Especially if you wear your stone daily as a jewelry, it can accumulate dirt and germs which you must get rid of regularly.
How to Clean Yellow Sapphire
There is no specific time to clean your gemstone. Depending on the exposure of your precious stone to dust particles and your usage of the stone, consider cleaning yellow sapphire once every 4-6 weeks.
Here is how you can clean yellow sapphire without decreasing its shine and value.
- Clean the dirt off the gemstone using a soft cloth. It is advised to use a jewelry cleaning cloth as it ensures no friction on your sapphire.
- Mix some mild or gentle detergent in lukewarm water. Make sure to use less detergent so that the stone is not damaged.
- If you want to clean your yellow sapphire ring or pendant quickly, wipe it with a cleaning cloth dipped in water and a mild detergent mixture.
- For more thorough and deeper cleaning, consider keeping your sapphire stone jewelry in the lukewarm water and detergent mix for 20-30 minutes. Avoid keeping it in the mix for a long time if the metal in the jewelry is susceptible to damage due to detergent.
- Take the jewelry out of the mix and scrub it gently using a soft but firm brush.
Dryit using a cleaning cloth.
Also See: How to Clean Pukhraj Stone Ring
Some Do's & Don’ts Regarding Your Yellow Sapphire Stone
- Always wear your jewelry only after it’s completely dried off.
- Keep your yellow sapphire stone away from any type of exposure to perfumes, hair sprays or chlorine-based liquid. Regular contact with these chemicals causes a reduction in the shine of the gemstone.
- Always use a soft bristled brush or cleaning cloth to wipe the dirt off the gemstone. Using a rough fabric leaves scratches on your yellow sapphire.
- Do not use a strong detergent for using your stone jewelry as it causes the gem to lose its shine and clarity. It can also corrode or damage the metal used with the gemstone.
- Do not keep your yellow sapphire stone in too hot or too cold
By carefully following the given tips, you can get a bright yellow sapphire jewelry with amazing luster. The expected life of the stone also increases, giving you more value for your investment.